This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of InStyle®, PEOPLE®, and StyleWatch®. The opinions and text are all mine.
Any mama knows the importance of having time to themselves. Whether your kids are at school, during nap time, or even once everyone else is in bed asleep at night before you go to bed. (I am crashing at this point, but some people are night owls!!) Time to just sit in silence with no TV on or even music in my case. A time to clear your head and think about nothing and everything at the same time. As women – I think we can all agree our minds are never thinking about “nothing.”
My ‘me time’ usually comes during Walker’s nap time and while Braydon is at school. At night, Ryan and I are trying to catch up with each other, cleaning the kitchen and getting things ready for the next day – if we haven’t fallen asleep on the couch during our night time TV shows already. So for me, I find that in the middle of the day is the one time that the dogs are napping on the couch, there is no noise other than Walker’s white noise machine and I can turn every TV, Alexa, and any other noise maker we have off; other than the occasional rotation noise of the dryer in the laundry room.
I find that spending time in our room is my favorite—when our room is clean. When it’s a mess it usually keeps me from relaxing so I tend to sit on the couch or in the sun on the patio. I also try to not look at my phone during this time. I keep it by me in case I need to take pictures for inspiration or blog ideas but other than that, I do not check social media or emails during my hour!! I also do find myself eating lunch during this time as well. If you do not need your phone for work or if you are more of a pen and paper kind of girl, I would totally leave my phone in another room if I were you!
A few other tips I have to help other mamas relax?
- Find something fun yet inspiring to read. For me, this is fashion and style related magazines such as PEOPLE, StyleWatch and InStyle that I pick up at my weekly grocery store visits to Kroger. Check out the coupon below and pick up a magazine for your next “Me Time.”
- $2.50 off 2 PEOPLE, InStyle, and Style Watch at QFC, Fry’s, Ralphs, Smith’s, FRED MEYER
- $1.00 off 1 PEOPLE, Instyle, and Style Watch at Kroger, King Soopers, Owen’s, Dillons, Foods Co, City Market, JayC, Food4Less, Baker’s, Gerbes, Payless
- If your baby doesn’t take long naps – go on a long walk. Baby will be happy to get the fresh air and your mind and body will thank you!
- Take a bath. I don’t do this often in the middle of the day – for some reason I only like to take baths when it’s dark.
- Turn your phone off. If you can’t keep from checking emails or social media – get rid of the temptation all together.
- Take a nap. Even if it’s just closing your eyes for 20 min, you will wake up feeling refreshed and relaxed.
I have to tell you guys—reading this issue of StyleWatch—it has been one of my favorite issues in a while! I absolutely loved the spring trend reports. From loose braids, open toed mules, tie front cotton skirts, and light airy floral prints – I seriously couldn’t get enough!!! Needless to say, I spent the first hour “back to work” on the computer looking up most of the pieces I had found in the issue! #adv